Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Habits



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by our friends and the awesome bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list for us to review and then compile our own. 

This week's topic: Freebie Week! (Bookish Bad Habits)
What are your top ten wacky reading habits ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mine? 
  1. I dog-ear books. Yes this shames me, but I do it anyway.
  2. If I consider a book a 'keeper' I have to buy it (and it's mathcing compaions) in hardback to display on my shelves, even if I already have a copy, or multiple copies.
  3. When a book makes me anxious, I like to skip ahead to random parts and read a page or two before continuing the story, just so I know what I am getting into.
  4. I sometimes read up to 4-5 books at the same time. I have one by my bed, one in the bathroom, one at work, one in my car... the list goes on.
  5. I love to re-read books, even if I literally just finished them. Some of my favorites I have read 10 + times, others I make a point to re-read every year.
  6. Once I commit to an author, I keep reading their stuff, even if it sucks, and I know it is going to continue sucking.
  7. I always make a point to watch the film, if there is one based on the book.
  8. I have to have access to a book to read, whenever, wherever I go - even if I know I won't have the opportunity to read it. (Thank you Kindle for iPhone for not making me continue to be that weirdo with a paperback sticking out of my back pocket).
  9. I fall alseep reading more often than I fall asleep watching TV, or any other activity. (I've aquired the ability to sleep with all the lights on).
  10. I over organize my books: read, TBR, by author, by series... my bookshelves are very intimidating to others.
What are your top ten wacky reading habits?


-Rita
_______________________________________

3 comments:

  1. I skip ahead too! I always have a book, in some form, on hand which means I am reading/listening to at least 3-5 books at a time. I rarely reread. I wish I could, but I always feel like there are too many TBR to justify rereading. I should get over that! Here's my freebie list http://wp.me/pzUn5-15d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too to 1 & 3 - I dog-ear books & tend to skip ahead and read a random page if I'm not feeling a book. Then I'll go back to the page I'm reading and continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #10 is so true! LOL I tend to reorganize them too much :P
    my TTT: http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/07/top-ten-tuesday-endings.html

    ReplyDelete