Tuesday, January 19, 2010

True Blood - The HBO Series


yeah, yeah, yeah - so my bookshelf (like so many others nowadays) has a few movies on it in addition to books. I promise to limit it to companion movies, and only if I have read the book(s).

TrueBlood...

I watched the series before I read the novels. I think it worked out better for me that way, because once I read the books - the show couldn't hold a candle to them. Is there a team Eric? Cause man am I on his side. In the HBO series, Bill is a lover - in the books, he's a manipulator. Eric is the sweeetie - but in a totally bad-boy way ;)

I got the first two disks of the first season through Netflix. Watched them in one night. Nearly died on the way to work the next morning from sleep deprivation. Couldn't wait the three days it would take to get the next discs, so that evening I went to the store and bought the first season. I watched the entire thing in 2 days.



By the end of it, I was cringing a little, and as I have watched season 2, cringed a lot. It is a far cry from the plot line of the book, but most film adaptations are. It is good as a stand alone. For anyone interested in wither the series or the books, I would say pick one and stick with it. The other will only disappoint you.

No comments:

Post a Comment